This was last Easter. Carter was born the next day. This was our last family picture as a family of 4.
This our family Easter picture from today – a family of 6! Wow, what a difference a year makes!
We had a great day. Easter was held at our house since my parents were in Wyoming. Grandma and Grandpa McIntosh and Shelby and Alex joined us for the day. And the best part – Alex did almost all of the cooking! Yum! We started the day with the traditional scavenger hunt to find the Easter baskets. Tanner woke up at 4:00 AM and found his first clue, he tried to continue his hunt but we woke up and to Tanner’s chagrin said he must go back to bed until at least 6:30. And at 6:30 on the dot Tanner woke everyone up and the scavenger hunt began! I don’t think there was much sleeping on his part between 4 and 6:30! Why don’t my kids sleep???
I love watching the scavenger hunt. Brynn’s clues are all pictures and she just got so excited every time she found an egg with a new clue. Tanner’s clues are getting tricky with number puzzles and riddles. He was stumped on a couple for sure! Tanner’s favorite treats was his Colorado Rockies shirt (that he would have worn all day if I let him) and his new Star Wars Lego set. Brynn got a new Pinkalicious book – Goldalicious, her favorite books right now and a new plastic horse set. And in typical Brynn fashion she had her horses set up in a nice line in no time. I love Brynn and her plastic animals. She loves those things! Sadly, one of her horses tails was broken off and she was so upset about it. Looks like a trip back to the store for an exchange! Yippee!
Carter and Avery are both celebrating their first Easter (well at least Easter with us for Avery!) They don’t have a scavenger hunt yet. but of course they still get baskets of fun! Carter got a new Star Wars board book for his big brother of read to him and a bouncing ball. For Avery it was all about this food! I don’t know how this girl stays so petite with all that she eats!
And shock of all shockers – we didn’t just make it to church on time, we were EARLY!!! On holidays they do not have Sunday school so we had all 4 kids with us in the service and we survived, I was betting that we wouldn’t make it more than 20 minutes. Talk about having little faith. Not a one of those crying kids in the service was ours!!! Now that is something to be excited about. After the service they had an egg hunt for the kids. Just what they needed, more candy! But is was fun and quick – a little chilly out! The Easter bunny was there and Brynn was so cute giving it a hug and telling me “Oh the Easter Bunny is so soft and fluffy!” I love that girl!
This was Avery’s first time hunting for eggs. It took her a little while to get the hang of it and then she didn’t want to stop. We had to chase her down and now we were the ones with the crying child as we quickly took her to the car!
Grandma and Grandpa and Shelby and Alex joined us soon after church. Tanner was in heaven having Aunt Shelby to play with and I was in heaven having Alex to do the cooking. After a yummy meal the Easter bunny stopped by our house again to hide eggs in the backyard and luckily it had warmed up a bit. I really do love the egg hunts. The Easter egg hunts in my parent’s backyard is one of my favorite memories of growing up! However, next year I think I need to color code the eggs or teach Tanner about self control, he got a little crazy finding all the eggs. Brynn was really into the egg hunt until she found – you guessed it – a bug!
Forget the eggs filled with candy, it was all about hunting for bugs after that. Avery and Carter – well they were just stinking cute! Avery really just wanted to open the eggs and eat the candy. She was content with her one Twix bar and let her siblings do all the work of hunting for the eggs. Carter, he just needs to learn to walk! I know, next year he will be running!
First Easter for these two cuties!
Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa!
Notice how Brynn was hiding all her eggs under her dress so Carter couldn’t get them. I am so proud that my kids share so nicely – ha, ha!
Brynn found ants in her egg! I said gross, but she was just about the happiest I had seen her all day! How did the Easter bunny know to give Brynn some bugs in her eggs.
And once again, Brynn doesn’t care about that egg right at her foot. She saw a BUG!
Sampling the bark. . .
Being cute. . .
And Tanner was running around crazy looking for eggs and wouldn’t even stop for a picture so this is the best I got. Again I think we will be working on a few character lessons of self control!
A fabulous Easter – but wow am I tired!
Happy Easter Everyone!
Oh yeah, did you happen to notice how stinking cute this boy was in his Easter outfit! Oh, I could eat him up!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment