Thursday, April 28, 2011

We Gained One and We Finally Lost One!

We are talking about teeth folks!  At the age of 7 years, 9 months, and 18 days Tanner FINALLY lost his first tooth.  He was thinking he was the last 2nd grader on the planet to lose a tooth!  And the sad thing is that he really lost his first tooth – as in it fell out in gym class and was never to be seen again!  Tanner thinks he swallowed it, but who knows.  Tanner was quite upset over not being able to find his tooth, but the wonderful health clerk at our school made it all better by still giving him one of the cool tooth boxes (I think this is what he was really upset about, that he wouldn’t get a tooth box!), and then she wrote a nice little note to go in the box to the tooth fairy about the situation and then she told Tanner that the tooth fairy pays DOUBLE for teeth that were really lost!  Wow, I didn’t know that!  She gave me a big smile when she said that!  I do love working at the same school Tanner attends and am so thankful for all the wonderful people I work with!!  So Tanner finally lost his first tooth.  I gave him a special tooth fairy pillow that I had bought eons ago for him and he did get double the money!  A dollar bill and a gold dollar coin!  What a nice tooth fairy!  Do you know some kids get $5.00 a tooth!  Seriously??  We must have the poor tooth fairy visiting our house – sorry Tanner!

IMG_6353

The mug shot – holding the coveted tooth box from school!

IMG_6365IMG_6366

So the tooth next to the one he lost is also wiggley.  I think in another week someone will be missing both his bottom front teeth!  And yes, my dentist has already informed me that I have a lot of orthodontist work in my future with Tanner.  Yippee!  Hence the reason the poor tooth fairy visits our house!

In the same week that Tanner lost his tooth that exact same tooth finally broke through on Carter.  Carter now has his first tooth!   He has been working on this one for at least two weeks now, poor guy! (I mean poor me, I’m the one not getting any sleep! Ha, Ha!)  It is so cute because he is now always putting his finger in his mouth to check out his new addition.  So only Avery had any teeth before her first birthday and get this she had 6 teeth at 13 months when we got her! Carter will have one and Tanner and Brynn did not have any at 13 months. We are late teethers around here! My kids will be the ones still losing teeth in middle school!

IMG_6424

It is a little tricky to get a picture of the actual tooth, because you know Carter won’t just open his mouth and smile on command.  We are working on that!  But this is him checking out his new tooth!

IMG_6418

Have I mentioned lately how cute this little guy is??

Congrats on finally losing a tooth Tanner and finally getting one Carter and that was really nice how you did it in the same week! 

No comments: