This incredibly cute future firefighter will be one year old in just a few days. Wow, this year has really flown by! I remember this time last year I was exactly one week away from having a baby (my last baby, unless God has plans that I don't know about. . .) This was our little miracle baby that we did not plan on having nor did we think we could have, (but again God had plans that we didn't know about!) Our little Carter has been a huge blessing and the best little surprise we could ever have asked for. But, it is a good thing that he is so darn cute, because he has also been our most difficult baby. He was a terrible sleeper for the first nine months at night (he is FINALLY sleeping through the night most nights, but when he does sleep through the night he lets us know it by waking up about 5:30 AM!). And he is still a terrible napper. Napping usually only once a day and then for only 45 minutes or so. And when he is a awake he really wants to be held most of the time, and has this really annoying whine/cry when you aren't holding him. Did I mention he is 23 pounds and quite a chunk to lug around? He is also our most "mouthy" baby and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. You really have to watch what is on the ground because he is fast and has super sonic eyes that finds every little dangerous choking hazard thing on the ground. Oh, and I can't forget that he is not the best car baby either and fusses during a large part of every car ride. Talk about driving while distracted! So, yes Carter has kept us busy, taught us the true meaning of patience and made us very sleep deprived this past year. However, I have heard that high maintenance babies mean that they will be easy teenagers, so I am counting on this because you know I would much rather have a hard baby and an easy teenager any day! But really Carter we wouldn't change anything about you! We love you so much our almost one year old!
Wait is that Carter crying? Well of course it is because he has been napping for a whole 35 minutes! So much for the dishes and laundry, I'm off to love on my baby now. . .
Monday, March 28, 2011
Almost One. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment