Monday, January 4, 2010

What a Day!

So the last post I did earlier this morning and if only then I knew what kind of a day was ahead.  So after way too much screen time for Tanner and a way too short nap for Brynn this morning I insisted that they both go outside for some fun in the snow.  Well after finding all the snow clothes and getting Brynn all bundled up (remember the pants thing this morning, well let’s just say we had a repeat and I didn’t have 20 minutes this time for her to do it herself!) we finally made it outside while the sun was still shining.  Seriously sometimes I think it would just be easier to let them watch TV all day!  Anyway once outside Tanner proceeded to make a snowman and wanted me to help, but Brynn would not keep her mittens on and so she just cried and cried that her hands were cold – duh!  Put your mittens on!  I got her another pair of mittens that seemed to satisfy her and then tried to distract her by pulling her around in her sled – remember I’m 6 months pregnant and she weighs 26 pounds.  Thank goodness Tanner took over for a bit!  That entertained her for awhile, but then both Tanner and I were too tired to continue (where is dad when you need him!) and that is when Brynn saw her swing in the shed and wanted to swing so badly.  But the thought of putting the swing up and getting my hands all cold did not appeal to me and I didn’t even think she would fit in with her snowsuit on so I tried to again distract the crying Brynn, tell me again why we came outside?  Well we went in the front yard because Tanner wanted to sled and we have a slope in the front and while I was getting Tanner’s sled out of the garage (you know for all of 30 seconds) Brynn took off running (well as fast as she can run in boots and snowsuit) for the park down the street (no not the one where they have to cross the street for anyone that has been to my house, the one by the school so she was safely on the sidewalk the whole time!)  That little thing is fast.  I made Tanner follow her while I grabbed my gloves and they were almost to the park by the time I caught up.  That little booger (I mean sweet child) headed straight for the swings!  Did I not tell you that she is a determined little thing!  She was going to swing no matter what!  Well we did have a wonderful time at the park.  Tanner did flying leaps of the slides and playground equipment into the snow banks and Brynn swung and swung and swung some more.  She put her head back and just giggled and giggled.  It was awfully cute.  Well after about 40 minutes Tanner was freezing and dripping wet, I was cold and my back hurt from standing and pushing Brynn the whole time and Brynn’s little nose and cheeks were bright red so it was time to head home and that is when it happened. . . Brynn’s first full out throw herself on the ground tantrum!  Seriously where do they learn to do these?  She screamed her little head off and rolled around in the snow even kicked her legs some.  It was humorous until I realized that I would have to pick her up and carry her all the way home, yep that was real fun trying to keep her from kicking her poor brother in my tummy and as soon as I put her down on our driveway (yes she was still screaming) she took off running for the park again.  I put her in the garage and closed the door, she screamed and pounded on the door while I helped Tanner get his wet clothes off and then I carried her into the laundry room (screaming) and she had another outright throw herself on the floor tantrum again.  I closed the laundry room door and left her.   Now the cute thing from all this (and believe me most of this was not at all cute, I was exhausted by now) she came out of the laundry room sniffling and covered in snot and threw herself into my arms and wanted to be hugged and cuddled and she kept kissing my cheeks and nose and saying mama and would not let me put her down for about 20 minutes.  Way to make it up to me Brynn – boy do you have this all figured out.   Whew what a day and she is not even 2 yet.  I’m not ready for the terrible twos!  When do I go back to work?   And am I seriously going to have 2 more kids in about 4 months?  Where is the nearest psych ward?  Don is so putting both kids to bed tonight and tomorrow we are watching TV all day, okay we are actually going to the library. Oh great Brynn’s first public tantrum when she has to leave the puppet theatre at the library – I can’t wait!   How was your day???   Not too exciting - do you want to borrow Brynn for a day?

Pictures of our adventure:

IMG_6483

Tanner is such a great brother!

IMG_6487

Yes, she is the queen!

IMG_6494

Tanner just can’t pull the queen anymore!

 IMG_6497

Brynn is not happy that her carriage has stopped!

 IMG_6505

Well this is about as far as we got with the snowman!

IMG_6509 

And she is off – yes that is Brynn way off in the distance.

IMG_6517

You can’t tell from the picture, but she is laughing her head off right now!  She is in complete heaven!

 IMG_6523

Tanner was thoroughly entertained sliding into the snow bank at the bottom.

IMG_6526 IMG_6528

And the tantrum, the pictures don’t do it justice – it was an award winning performance!

IMG_6529

I forgot to mention that after all the drama we all needed some hot cocoa and a little sugar (well what I really needed was a nap, but that wasn’t an option) so I made brownies and they licked the bowl clean! 

No comments: