Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brynn Strikes Again!

So today we decided to take T & B (Tanner and Brynn) swimming at our Rec center pool. Well I should say Don actually took them swimming. I just went along for the ride. The thought of squeezing my fat belly into a swimsuit just didn’t sound like fun. So I brought a couple of magazines and got to be one of those moms that puts her legs up on the pool lounge chair reading and waving at her kids. I have always been jealous of those moms. . . Anyway T & B had a great time. Tanner didn’t forget how to swim, loved snorkeling and jumping across the floating logs and Brynn practiced kicking her legs and loved playing with her rubber ducky. Well after two



hours everyone was getting a little tired (I think Don was the most tired) and we decided to head home. Don and Tanner wanted to go sit in the hot tub for a bit so I decided to go change Brynn since her lips were turning blue. Well while walking to the changing rooms we had to pass the kiddie pool with these little fountains that pop out of the tile. Brynn wanted to go play in one and thinking that I was still dealing with cute, little innocent one year old Brynn that listened and obeyed I let go of her hand and she went to the fountain and splashed around all cute and then she turned and gave me that look. It was then I knew I was in trouble -Brynn took off running back into the kiddie pool. I yelled her name and she kept going – up to her knees, her stomach and then she sat down in the water and it went up to her shoulders. She still wouldn’t even look at me while I was yelling her name. She splashed around, happy as can be, not with a care in the world that she could drown at any moment! I called to her and tried to lure her back with other toys and then she tried to reach for a pool toy that was floating by and I knew that she was going to tip over so yes I had to walk into the pool - shoes, jeans and all - and rescue my daughter!!! I was so embarrassed and of course she screamed and yelled when I picked her up so everyone was looking at us!! And then not only were my pants wet up to my knees but now my shirt was soaking from picking up Brynn and did I mention I was wearing a white shirt??? Yep two year old Brynn strikes again! Oh but Brynn is officially just 21 months old today!


PS – Brynn is no longer asking for her bottle, but she is still up every night for 1-2 hours. I am so glad that she is helping me prepare for a new baby by keeping me up half the night. Thank you Brynn, I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

aww...next time you go swimming, let me know! I'll play with Brynn in the kiddie pool (but I won't go down any slides, had a bikini incident that still haunts me)