Brynn turns 21 months in just a few days – I can’t believe she is getting so big – but that is another post. Anyway, we keep seeing glimpses of the terrible twos approaching (a.k.a. I want to do everything myself stage), like this morning for instance. Brynn insisted that she put on her pants all by herself. Luckily we had no where to be so I let her have at it. She was very determined and absolutely adorable to watch. Although she would get very mad when she couldn’t get her foot in the pants leg or put both legs in one pants leg, but when I came to help her she would push my arm away and say “No, No, No!” Again, this morning it was cute to watch but when we have to be somewhere and we don’t have time for her to take 20 minutes to put on a pair of pants this makes for a very frustrating morning. Like I said, and so it begins! I have to remember to start taking my patience pill every morning! So was she successful? See for yourself. . .
Success - mostly! I had to pull the pants up in the back over her cute little bottom as she ran down the hall AND she put them on backwards (just a minor detail, we will work on where the tag goes next time!) otherwise it was a success! Good job Brynn!
We are also on day 2 of no bottle! Yes, she was still taking the bottle at night at 20 months – I know shame on us! But that is her New Year’s Resolution to give up the bottle and get potty trained. We figured we might as well start right away with the bottle, it wasn’t going to get any easier. We have had two rough nights (I was up for 2 hours with her last night!) and it is so sad to see her go into the kitchen and point at the microwave and say “Baa, Baa"?” and then do sign language for please. It breaks my heart – Don is much better at this then I am. Thank goodness tonight is his night again! Hopefully just one or two more nights and she will be over her bottle! Oh, it’s another baby thing she is losing, why do they have to grow up so fast?????
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment