Two weeks ago Tanner would not jump into the deep end of the pool at all. A week ago he would only jump in with a life jacket on and would not go near the diving boards. Well look what our little fish did today!!!
Don, Brynn and I all came to watch his last swim lesson (daddy had not been to one before) and we were so proud of Tanner when he jumped. He didn’t even hesitate – he just jumped!!! And he didn’t do it just once, but five times! You should have seen the big smile on his face – he was so proud of himself also. And he passed level 2 swimming! And now he likes swim lessons! Wow – it helps that he had the best swimming teacher ever! I actually signed Tanner up for 4 private lessons with his great swim teacher and then we will move on to level 3 when school starts. Go Tanner go! Want to see another jump?? He even did a running jump one time!
And after swim lessons we still had a whole day ahead of us so we headed here with some friends.
It was only 65 degrees today! Can you believe it? We have had the absolutely craziest weather this summer. It was COLD! Okay, not really, with jackets on it was not that bad BUT this weather made it a great day to visit the zoo because first, it wasn’t that crowded and second, all the animals were out enjoying the cool weather and they were so active. It was really cool – literally! And it only rained on us 3 times, well drizzled twice and a quick downpour once. Brynn LOVED the zoo. She is an animal girl. All day she did a lot of this. . .
pointing and saying “da” or “bird” or “moo” for any animal that somewhat resembled a cow. She also did a lot of this. . .
any puddle she saw she HAD to jump in and/or pick up some gross dirty twig/leaf/unidentified object from it. Once again I brought home a very dirty girl.
Seriously – can she be any cuter??? Okay what kind of hair do you expect after you have been rained on and have been wearing a hood???
Okay, yeah – we were having hair issues today!
By the way – Tanner had a great time too. His favorite animal he saw today was the leopard he decided, although he was quick to tell me that an Orca Whale and Dolphin are still his favorite animals. Wow, Sea World made quite the impression on this little man. Now that he can jump in the deep end maybe he will become a whale trainer!
PS – We saw a warthog, very close, and they are UGLY – no offense Mr. Warthog!
PPS – I am so going to Africa someday. They have the coolest animals there!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
2 comments:
Go Tanner! I need to get Keegan and Lauren into more swim lessons. The pool is just so dang far away! I see Brynn got some snazzy new tennis shoes. I wouldn't worry about the hair. At least everyone knows shes a girl. I am hoping that Addison gets some hair some day! Aw, the zoo, such fun. Cool weather is a great time to go. What a weird summer this has been with weather! Since when do we have 60's and 70's in July! What happenend to global warming?
Yea Tanner! I won't even jump off the high dive, though mostly just because I'm afraid of swimsuit wedgies...
Post a Comment