Today is the last day of school before winter break and Don volunteered in Tanner’s classroom for the morning. They were having their holiday party today and got to wear their PJ’s to school, even Don wore his PJ’s (you can’t see them, but he has his Denver Bronco pajama pants on!) Isn’t he a great dad! And no, he didn’t forget to shave. Don has this thing with growing a go-T, goatie, how do you spell it??? Okay facial hair during Christmas and then shaves it in January. It drives me crazy because he looks hairy in all the Christmas pictures. Secretly I think he does it just because he knows it makes me crazy!!!
I was up half the night before doing my usual procrastinating and getting the first round of presents and cards ready (you know the teacher gifts, day care gifts, friends at school, etc, etc) Yep, every year I know this day is coming and every year I stay up late the night before getting ready. I’ve just accepted the fact that I am a procrastinator and this is what I do and thank goodness I can survive on very little sleep!
Speaking of teacher gifts – I got the best one ever! I had to share it with all of you blog readers out there (ha, ha, there is only like 10 of you – hi Don’s mom – I think she’s our biggest fan!) But even if it helps one of you than it was worth posting! Because I know getting teacher gifts is a pain! Although it has gotten a lot easier since Don started working for Crocs. Now every teacher wants Tanner in their class because they know what they are getting Crocs for Christmas!!! Anyway back to the cool gift. From one of my students I got a mixed CD with 14 kid friendly, non religious (so I can play it in the classroom) Christmas songs on it. The best part is the last song is a recording of their whole family (2 parents, 3 kids) singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas!” Totally cute and inexpensive! What a great idea! And they made a cute little CD case to go with it. The family said they made a bunch for teachers, friends, and family. Probably too late for this year, but get working on it for next year, or you can procrastinate like me and do it the night before. . .
So round one of Christmas preparations is over, now getting ready for round 2 – the family!!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment