Friday, December 19, 2008

Beautiful Day!

tree new

Beautiful day outside and a beautiful, warm snuggly baby that smells like apples inside (she had applesauce for breakfast).  School is out for winter break and Tanner spent the night at Nana and Papa’s so we could go to Don’s work party last night (great  food – jalapeno poppers - Yum!).   That means we got to sleep in!!  No 6:00 am, often before 6:00 am,  wake up call from Tanner.  Don still had to go to work today so we did drag ourselves out of bed around 7:00.   I have tons of stuff to do but couldn’t resist going outside to take some pictures with my new (not really so new anymore) camera.  I love it when the trees look like this in the mornings – beautiful!  I just love it when we have snow for Christmas, having snow on the ground just makes Christmas more Christmasy – although I do not like the booger freezing, brain numbing, hurts to breathe temperatures that we have been having lately and are supposed to get more of this weekend.  So if I have any say I would like more days like today, fairly warmish, blue skies and fluffy snow on the ground and trees that makes everything look pretty.

 

Now gotta go  wrap Tanner’s presents while he is gone and send out round two (and the last) of the Christmas cards and clean, majorly clean, my house, and start baking and put away all the folded laundry and write the grocery list and cut out coupons. . .  Oh but it is so hard to do anything when you have a warm, cuddly, delicious smelling baby sleeping in your arms.  I think  I should just take a nap with her!  Everything will eventually get done – it always does – well usually it does - and if doesn’t we’ll survive!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Super cool picture. That's about all I can manage at 2 in the morning. Super cool. Really it is.