Sunday, October 19, 2008

Miller Farms – Again!

IMG_7821

I just can’t tell you how excited we are that we found this place! We went back today for our traditional “family trip to the pumpkin patch” and we had so much fun! You are allowed to pick 10 bags of produce per person and today they took us to a lot more fields. We picked sweet corn, Indian corn, red potatoes, yellow and red onions, carrots, watermelon, peppers, acorn squash, butternut squash, pie pumpkins, turnips and beets. Holy Moly! When we got home it took us almost two hours to wash, husk, trim and find a home for all our food.

IMG_7871
Pulling out carrots is hard work!
IMG_7862
Don found a great watermelon!

IMG_7854

Brynn helped pick corn!

IMG_7855

Digging for potatoes!

IMG_7900

This is a very small sampling of all the food we got!

Besides harvesting we also had a great time. . .

IMG_7825

Racing in the tractor bikes – way fun!

IMG_7796

Checking out the cars from Cars the movie, they had painted a car for almost every character from the movie, cool! Tanner posed in front of every one. But, don’t worry I won’t post them all!

IMG_7888

And Tanner’s favorite, sliding down a big dirt hill! He had dirt everywhere! I’m never getting his socks clean.

IMG_7805

So I was bummed because this was the best picture I got of the two cuties. In every other picture Brynn would not look up she was so interested in wanting to touch (and eat) the hay or pumpkin or her striped socks! This is a tough age to photograph!

IMG_7808
I have a lot of pictures that look like this
IMG_7816
or this!

Overall a very fun day! We are definitely going back here again next year!

No comments: