So Tanner loves to dress up and play his pretend games and he kind of gets obsessed about one thing and plays that over and over. Well one year ago, when Tanner was four, is was all about firefighters.
My mom made him the coolest firefighter jacket and pants ever and Tanner wore them EVERYDAY. We read every book and watched every movie in the library on firefighters and we went to the fire station every time we could. Well one year later the firefighter jacket hangs on its hook , occasionally worn, but now it is all about army and camouflage. Tanner would wear his camo pants to school everyday if I let him (which I don’t, so that makes me the meanest mommy ever!) Tanner goes through such phases. His most recent phase was the shark and ocean phase but for the first time today we did not check out
any shark or whale books from the library, Tanner didn’t even mention them! I had to go find the army books instead. Is he leaving his shark phase??? Oh, I am going to miss the sharks (and firefighters), I learned so much about them and we got to go on fun trips to the aquarium. I am not too sure about this army phase, I don’t like reading about tanks and war and I really don’t like Tanner running around with guns (toy or not) and drawing guns, tanks, and coloring everything camo. I hope this is a very short phase.
On another note, Tanner loves doing arts and crafts. Look what he made at the library today! It was a no school day so we got to play all day. Fun!!!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment