5 Days Old | 6 Months Old |
I can’t believe it has been six months. My baby is half a year old! And she is developing quite a personality. . .
A Chunky Monkey – Brynn weighs 16 lbs 6oz and is 26 inches long. She is in the 50% for weight (with her thunder thighs I thought for sure she would be more than 50%) but she is in the 75% for height. Now I know why none of her clothes fit!
She Even Likes the Green Stuff -
And this is why she is a chunky monkey! Hallelujah!! I have a child that LIKES food. Really she eats everything and anything and she would eat anything and everything if we let her. She wanted Don’s pizza so bad that other night, she wouldn’t take her eyes or hands off it. Pretty funny! Can we puree pizza?
A Movin’ and a Shakin’ – She rolled over the first time a couple of days after turning 5 months old, but I didn’t see it for another three weeks. She was rolling over for the babysitter, but at home waited until I wasn’t looking. She’s a sneaky little thing! But now she is rolling around and sitting up pretty good without assistance unless she reaches for something and then she tumbles over. No longer can we just put her in the bouncy seat without buckling her in. In about 2 seconds she goes from
this | to this! |
Little Miss Grabby – If you have on glasses or jewelry – watch
out! Anything within arm’s reach is fair game for Brynn. She is especially fond of your fork (and of course the food on your fork), the TV remote, glasses, necklaces, the phone and her favorite – the newspaper. And once she has it in her hands it goes directly for a taste test in the mouth.
Yell And They Will Come – Brynn has discovered her voice and quickly learned that when she yells someone comes running. Quite the smarty pants! She has started babbling (like making real sounds, we are working on mama) and laughing, the really good belly laugh. Tanner can just get her going by dancing around or making silly faces and she will laugh and laugh it is soooooo funny. No one can make her laugh like Tanner. She just needs to work on volume control.
Once again Brynn, I promise the boy absolutely adores you and I really do try my very best to keep him from “over” loving/torturing you.
The Little Curl – Brynn has this little curl above her left ear (check it out in the pictures above) and it doesn’t matter how you comb her hair, it sticks right out. I am never going to be able to cut it – it is the cutest little thing. Everyone comments on it, even strangers in the grocery store!
Attention to Detail – Brynn has discovered the world around her. It is so much fun to watch her try to pull the embroidered flower off her pajamas, reach to touch the leaves, look at herself in a mirror and explore a new toy. She had this little stuffed bear and for about 20 minutes she was so intent to finding the tag and then putting the tag in her mouth, but every time she got it to her mouth she would drop it and have to start all over again finding the tag. It was just priceless to watch her so intent on her mission to get that tag in her mouth and yes she was finally successful. So I’m getting a lot less done around the house these days with Brynn on the move and grabbing at everything and just being so darn cute. I’ve never been one to keep an obsessive compulsive tidy house (thank goodness), I would much rather watch my baby girl discover the world around her. The house only gets dirty again anyway! We love you Brynn!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment