So before Thanksgiving rolls around I figured I better post about Halloween! It was a fun, crazy, busy time! Read about all our Halloween Happenings below, but to start you off here are the McIntosh costumes for 2011!
Tanner, the brave soldier or army man as Tanner likes to say. Tanner got this army outfit for his 8th birthday and knew since then that this is what he wanted to be for Halloween. I was just so glad to already have one costume out of the way! Tanner and daddy did work very hard to make him this camo gun that he is so very proud of and then I bought some camo face paint! Easiest costume by far! I love that!
Tanner really wanted me to include this picture on the blog just because he thinks it is so cool! I love this kid! Especially that toothless grin!
Oh sweet little Brynn (who has a very strong opinion at the mere age of 3!) For the last month every time you asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween she would say she wanted to be a marmot. Yes, a marmot, as in the big rodent animal. She saw them at Rocky Mtn. National Park and is a little obsessed with them. She even has a marmot stuffed animal! So I had a lion costume that I thought about trying to make into a marmot, but I knew that no one would know what she was. I finally told her about a week before Halloween that I could not make or find a marmot costume anywhere and was there any other animal she would like to be. And she replied with . . . a hedgehog! We got a pretty good laugh out of that. That is so our Brynn! Well the hedgehog was not going to happen either so I remembered this Dalmation costume that my sister had made for my niece and knew that I could pull it off fairly quickly so I did talk Brynn into being a Dalmation. She does make an awful cute little Dalmation if I do say so myself! She especially liked the black nose! The funny thing I forgot is that she was a brown dog last year!
And my sweet little twins (I can’t help it, I always wanted twins so I just had to make my own!) I knew that I only have a couple years that I will be able to dress them up alike before they start stating their opinion (I am really hoping they don’t start as early as Brynn has!) And Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head is one of their favorite toys to play with and so I just had to pull it off this year. And yes I did make them all by myself! I pulled out my trusty sewing machine and even fixed by sewing machine when it broke on me! It was a couple of late nights, but really not that bad! I do think they make an awfully cute Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. The best part is that they both loved wearing them. Carter especially loves the green duck tape hat that Tanner actually made and Avery loves her purse. I had to keep sneaking the purse away from her because I didn’t want her playing with it and losing it until after Halloween. I hope these two always love each other as much as they do now! They are sooooo cute!!!
Mrs. Potato Head,
Mr. Potato Head,
That McIntosh crew for 2011!
I had to split up the Potato Heads for the group picture because I have learned from experience that Carter cannot be by Avery. He tries to steal her purse or pull off her hat. That Carter, he is a troublemaker! And once again Brynn is not looking at the camera. That girl and pictures! Drives me crazy!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
1 comment:
A hedgehog!! Girl after my own heart :)
Post a Comment