This little girl has loved her pacifier from day one.
1 month old
Brynn and her dee dee bag. She went through a phase last summer where she would carry all of her dee dees in the Elmo bag or the princess bag and she called it her dee dee bag. Too cute!
I really think part of the reason she was such an incredibly easy baby and GREAT sleeper was because she loved her pacis and as long as she had one she was fine. They really were her security blanket. Well we didn’t take them away at one or at two or. . . at three! Yes, Brynn was still using her “dee dees” at the age of three. We would talk about going to buy something with her pacis or the “dee dee fairy” coming to take them to another baby but she was not having it. At one time she told us “I love my dee dees so much!” But you know at the age of 3 the dee dees were not so cute anymore and they were really becoming a pain because she was always losing them and then we had to go search for them at bedtime or naptime. Not fun! Well one week ago I was home alone with all 4 darling children. Brynn really needed a nap but we could not find a paci anywhere and I was losing my patience. I would like to say I was really sweet and loving and convinced Brynn she did not need a paci but I think I was kind of mean and said something like “You are too old for a paci, go to sleep – now!” Yep, it was one of those days! But she did fall asleep eventually without one and I figured I had survived one nap we might as well rip the band aid off now and get rid of the dee dees. I of course found 2 of her 3 remaining dee dees while she was napping and that night we left the dee dees out for the “dee dee fairy” to come. She was so cute placing them by the front door and when I suggested she put them on the ledge she said “No that is too tall for the little dee dee fairy.” How I love this girl! And the dee dee fairy did come and took her pacis and left a note that she would get a big present really soon. Yes, I had NOT planned on this so I did not have a present and I was not about to haul 4 kids to the store to get one, isn’t that terrible! Well after dreading this day and thinking that taking Brynn’s dee dees away would be dreadful Brynn did amazing and except for a little fussing right before falling asleep for a couple of nights she didn’t even seem bothered by her missing pacis. And we waited so long. Oh well this little girl is now Dee Dee free! What a big girl! I’m not ready for her to grow up!
And look what the dee dee fairy brought her!
Tanner and Brynn my two pacifier babies! Tanner was as attached to his pacifiers as Brynn was. Funny thing is that Tanner called them bee, bees and Brynn called them dee, dees. Love it!
More plastic animals – just what she needed! So we are now pacifier free in the McIntosh house since Carter and Avery do not use them. Oh, makes me kind of sad. . .but no more searching for pacifiers or pulling the bed out in the middle of the night when she dropped one behind it. Now that makes me happy!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment