Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break!

So a year ago we were here for spring break. . .

IMG_Moab (339)

IMG_Moab (417)

Beautiful Moab, Utah.  I could carry Tanner on my back, we were going on 2-3 mile hikes, Brynn couldn’t walk or really even talk yet, and I was SKINNY!   Never in our wildest dreams did we think that a year later we would be doing this for spring break. . .

IMG_6925

That would be wonderful Don cleaning out my van and rearranging the seats so that he can install yet another car seat to bring baby boy home in just a few days.  Not quite the same experience as sitting on a beach or hiking through gorgeous canyon lands.

And I didn’t think I would look like this ever again. . .

IMG_6943

Amazing how life can change in just one year!  And we couldn’t be happier with how this year’s spring break turned out! 

Now we haven’t just cleaned ALL break – although I really could and should be!  It has been beautiful weather so the kids have been outside playing a lot and Brynn is in absolute seventh heaven because the bugs are back!!!  Yes, she is still obsessed with bugs and has spent a lot of time looking for them and watching them.

IMG_6905

She is also having fun picking ALL my spring flowers!

IMG_6912

But don’t let her cuteness fool you, this girl has an independent and stubborn steak.   Notice cute Brynn above, dressed by mommy. 

IMG_1708

Well this is the same child – Miss Ragamuffin Brynn after a trip to the swimming pool insisting that she go outside NOW to “bo bubbles” AND she must wear her boots outside.

IMG_1711

OH – she has spotted a bug!

IMG_1712

But now the bug is “all gone!”  And she very dramatically will tell us all gone while putting her arms out!  I could just eat this girl up!

Tanner on the other hand is just getting too big.  He takes his new job of going to the mailbox down the street and around the corner to collect our mail VERY seriously and I have to let my boy go, without me, out of sight and across streets to do his job! 

IMG_1710

He is so cute how is asks about 50 times a day if the mail is there yet and then when the time comes he puts his backpack on so that he can put the mail in it and won’t drop any of it and he is so proud that I gave him his own mailbox that he must keep very safe!   He is so happy to be back on his bike again, this boy loves his bike! 

And of course no spring break is complete without popsicles!

IMG_6918

This is Brynn when I tell her to smile

IMG_6922

And this is Tanner when I tell  him to smile!  And please note the light saber nearby – this boy always has something Star Wars or something Lego within arms reach!

Now back to laundry – maybe spring break next year I will be blogging from Hawaii – with 4 kids – HA!  I’ll be lucky to be getting a shower everyday!!!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hey Missy! Just thought I'd check your blog and holy cow! You've practically caught up with me in kids! All in just a few short years! I'm so excited for you! I hope your delivery goes well and that your recovery is speedy and that he sleeps thru the night right from day one! Can't wait to hear all about it!