We are on the countdown until Baby Boy arrives – just about 48 hours. How crazy it that?? Well it’s a good thing we have a very busy weekend to make the time fly by. Although since this really is my last pregnancy I do want to enjoy every last minute of having him kick and move in my belly. It is sad to think that I will never be pregnant again – but then the heartburn starts and the back ache begins I remember how wonderful it is to hold a little tiny newborn baby and I can’t wait to meet him!
Anyway, our weekend began with Tanner returning back home after visiting with Nana and Papa and cousin Lauren for 3 days. My sister and her family from Wyoming also came down for the weekend. So the whole crew and Don’s parents came up for Tanner’s first soccer game. It was terribly windy and cold for his game and I didn’t take one single picture – can you believe it? I had to leave the game early to go to the hospital for my pre-op appointment and get blood drawn – fun!
When I returned home we ate yummy burritos and then had a joint birthday party for all 5 of our April birthdays. Yes, we have 5 birthdays between April 1 and the 14th, Uncle Brent on April 1, Grandpa McIntosh on April 3, Brynn on April 10, Papa Stone on April 11, and Lauren on April 14th. And soon baby boy will be added making it six birthdays! Isn’t that crazy??
Here are all the birthday boys and girls!
Oh Tanner, that little booger – he had to be part of the excitement also! He is sooooo sad that his birthday is not until July, but I keep telling him that he has the best birthday month. It’s summer, no school, it’s 6 months after Christmas so a great time for new toys and he doesn’t have to share his birthday month with anyone else! Someday he will thank me for having him in July. I wonder how poor Brynn and baby boy will feel having their birthdays only 5 days apart and Easter usually close by. Wow, we are going to be very busy in April!
Have I mentioned lately how much this girl LOVES sugar!
But she is always willing to share!
And these two little monkeys are seriously the best of friends. Now if my sister would just move closer so that they could spend more time together!
Brynn got to open her present from my sister and she bought her an Elmo bubble blower which is her new favorite thing EVER! She loves Elmo and loves bubbles – what a perfect present! She is so funny because every time she plays with it she tries to eat the bubbles! Yuck!
After the birthday bash we dyed Easter eggs. That is always messy, I mean fun with 5 kids!
Addison was smart and stayed away from the mess. She was thoroughly entertained with just a plastic egg! Brynn on the other hand thought she needed to stick her whole hand in the dye and that she would taste it for good measure too! Nothing like a green tongue! See that cup of green dye, well it was on the floor in in the next couple of minutes! Yes – it was a mess!
The after egg dyeing hand picture! Why use spoons or those little egg dippers? Bath and serious scrubbing for everyone tonight!
But look at the finished products! Aren’t they beautiful?
Bring on the deviled eggs tomorrow!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment