Is randomness a word?? Well it’s my blog – so I can make it a word. We have been a busy little McIntosh family getting ready to become a family of 5 in just a mere 19 days (or less!) And what has been keeping us so busy you ask. . .
Finally – we got the phone call!
The most very exciting news is that Korea baby is not just “a baby” we are going to adopt. But we have a real baby now that right now is in Korea being taken care by a wonderful foster family and waiting to go to her forever family – US!! It was just a normal day where you wake up and think that nothing exciting is going to happen that day when my cell phone rang (while I was teaching!!!) AHHH! I never leave my cell phone on in the classroom well actually no one ever calls me during the day on my cell phone and I rarely take it out of my car – yes I’m not a big cell phone user and yes I have never sent a text message, but I regress, back to the story. Here I was teaching away about 10:30 and my phone rings! I went to turn it off and saw that it was the adoption agency. GASP! Could this be the call, the one we have been waiting OVER 3 years for?? Or did they just need more paperwork signed (which usually means more money. . .) I couldn’t stand the suspense so thank goodness my students were just heading back to class and I was able to call our adoption agency back. And to make a long story short they had just gotten a new little girl and our name was first on the list and that meant SHE WAS OURS!!! They emailed us the pictures and her medical file, I called Don and told him to check email ASAP and I RAN to my computer with my wonderful teaching partner Kelly (she was the first one to know I was pregnant, even before Don, so it was only appropriate that she was there to meet our new daughter for the first time!) So it was at school with Kelly that I saw her for the first time! She was/is absolutely adorable and perfect in every way! It was quite the exciting day. I pulled Tanner out of class to tell him and show him the picture of his new sister and then ran around my school crazy showing everyone her picture. It was wonderful! We signed the official papers a week later and now we wait yet again! Most likely it will be Fall before we actually get our little girl, we hope before her first birthday. But at least now we have pictures and can send her love packages and HAVE a real baby! Everyone says this time is the hardest time to wait, but I think waiting to get her match was harder. Don’t get me wrong it is difficult to know that someone is raising her right now and that she could be sick or something and we wouldn’t know about it right away. But her foster family seems wonderful and this is part of international adoption. But on to the important stuff, her birthday is September 12 and I would love to tell you her name and show you her picture – but we haven’t decided on a name yet (yes I know we have had 3 years to think about a name and we are down to deciding between 2 names – Don and I are very indecisive people you see!) and we can’t put her picture on the internet due to adoption rules. I know, that stinks. But that’s the rule and I’m a rule follower you know! But how about this little sneak peek. This was the day we signed the official papers and Tanner took the picture for us!
Isn’t she so cute!! And holy cow do I have a double chin, please tell me that that chin is due to the 50+ pounds of baby weight I have put on and will hopefully be gone in a few months! And I need to take a picture of all the paperwork in the green folder. You would shocked – a couple trees worth. We are putting together her first little care package right now. I can’t wait to send it off to her!!!
Scrapbooking Weekend!
A couple weekend ago I returned to that wonderful little scrapbooking retreat in the mountains with 5 other wonderful ladies to basically do nothing except scrapbook and be spoiled for 48 wonderful hours. It was great! TWO full nights of sleep was worth every penny I paid right there. I didn’t get quite as much scrapbooking done as last time or as I had hoped, but then I was also 35 weeks pregnant and the sitting for a long time thing was a little more difficult this time.
Yep – this is were we hung out all weekend! If you are not a scrapbooker you will think this is pretty pathetic – if you are a scrapbooker you are so jealous right now!
And speaking of scrapbooking. I must share about another scrap booking project I am working on that is the BEST thing EVER! I am doing a year long scrapbook called Project Life where you take a picture every day of something – what happened that day, world event, family, your car, whatever – and write a little something about the picture and then you just stick that journaling card and picture in a premade album. So at the end of the year you have 365 pictures of your life right now. Really think how cool that will be in 50 years when you look back and remember the house you lived in, the car you drove, the stores you shopped at, and all those crazy little day to day things that don’t seem interesting right now, but your grandkids will love reading about. I am so loving this project. Although it is difficult to stay on top of. In fact I’m about 2 weeks behind right now – but that is why I am blogging about it because then I will make myself get caught up this week! Here is what a completed week looks like.
To Move or Not to Move. . .
Yes we have been in denial for awhile that our 3 bedroom house (that we absolutely LOVE) will not fit 6 people! We need/want a real pantry, a bigger garage, a laundry room where my dirty clothes are not spread throughout the main hallway and more bedrooms. So we thought hey, we are having a baby in a few weeks so now is a great time to go buy a new a house! Actually we thought we would just start looking around and get a feel for where we wanted to move and you know what house shopping is very time consuming. The last 4 weekend we have spent a large part of it driving around neighborhoods and looking at houses. Whew, I’m tired and we aren’t any closer to deciding if or where we want to move. Remember Don and I are both indecisive – which doesn’t help anything!
Baby Boy!
Is growing and kicking and moving and shaking. I have always LOVED being pregnant andI have fairly easy pregnancies, but you know what I am ready to be done with this one! Now I don’t want our little guy to come early – keep cooking in there! But you know what either I’m too old for this or having an almost 2 year and 61/2 year old makes being pregnant a lot harder, so I ready to meet this new little guy. And is it me or do I look HUGE!
T and B
And no blog post would be complete without our favorite Tanner and Brynn. Actually they need to have a post of their own. But one story I must tell. Tanner, Brynn and I were driving in the car and Tanner was helping me out by “entertaining” Brynn in the backseat. You see Brynn is our little parrot these days and repeats everything we say. Tanner was telling her to say words and she would. The conversation went something like this. “Brynn say truck.” And Brynn would say “twuck” it started out pretty innocent, but we all know Tanner. Soon he was asking Brynn to say “potty”, “poop”, “pee pee” Yes, Tanner was really pushing it and wanted to see how far he could take this little game. Then I heard him say “Brynn say butt!” “Tanner. . “ I said warning him he had gone too far, to which he replied “Not the butt with two T’s, I wanted Brynn to say the but with ONE T.”
Tanner – he always keeps us on our toes!
A favorite activity - licking the brownie bowl clean! I know we’re just asking for food poisoning around here, although I’ve done it my entire life and have survived so far!
Is this post long enough – well I’m done for now! I’ll try posting more often instead of writing one long post next time!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
1 comment:
1. YEAAA! On the adoption finally going through! I saw the picture on mom and dad's fridge and she is adorable! I've been spreading the word around work so much you'd think I was the one getting a new baby...
2. Can't say I'm jealous about the scrapbooking weekend....but if it were a beading weekend, I'd be wayyyy jealous. And the Project Life sounds pretty darn cool! Sadly, mine would be pretty boring since I do the same 3 things everyday: work, ride, eat dinner...exciting.
3. Move closer
4. Having a 6 year old and a 2 year old would make being pregnant a bit harder than when it was just you. Just keep thinking that this is nothing compared to a few months from now when you will be chasing a toddler, entertaining a 3year old, and trying to keep a newborn from crying and waking up the rest of the house. At least Tanner can hold his own...teach him to change diapers.
Post a Comment