Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Sunday!

And this is what Brynn had to say when I told her she had to put a jacket on before going outside.

IMG_6773

However this little girl is FINALLY sleeping through the night most nights (not every night however!) and she stayed in the church nursery for all of church today!  Hallelujah!  Now she was not happy about it, had to be held most of the time and basically was pretty high maintenance, but it has been a long time since Don and I both got to attend all of the service together.  For the past 4-5 months we have had to pick her up from nursery part way through because she wouldn’t stop crying or we would just bring her to service and about half way through one of us had to take little Miss Loud Mouth out because she wouldn’t stop talking or wanted to run wild through the aisles.  Yes, it’s a good thing she’s so cute – she gets away with a lot!

Look what else our big girl got this week. . .

IMG_1501

   Her first big girl underwear!  You see last week we caught her doing this.

IMG_1454

Trying to put on Tanner’s underwear and she has been sitting on the potty here at home and at the babysitters, not doing anything – just sitting on it mind you, but she is showing some signs that it is time to begin POTTY TRAINING!  So while I was at Kohl’s this week I decided to get her her very own undies!  This is how we potty trained Tanner just stuck him in underwear, sat him on the toilet a lot and rewarded him big time when he succeeded.  I’m not into spending money on pull ups – I’d guess I’d rather do more wash!  Let’s hope Brynn is as easy to potty train as Tanner was!  Anyway, back to the undies - it was quite the decision which ones to buy you know.   I really wanted to get her Elmo, but they only came in boys!  I had to settle for Hello Kitty, even though she has no idea who Hello Kitty is, but she loves cats and animals.  She was soooooo funny when I gave them to her – see for yourself and yes Brynn some day you will be mortified that I put these pictures on the blog for all to see – I hope you will forgive me!

IMG_1498

She pulled them out of the package and knew exactly what to do.  She first tried to get them on over her pants and figured out that wasn’t working so she took off her pants. . .

IMG_1504

And she managed to get two pairs on all by herself!

IMG_1509

But why stop with two - there were seven pairs in that pack – she needed them ALL on!

IMG_1507 

And she wasn’t going to give up!

IMG_1510

Until she had all seven pairs on – but boy did she get frustrated when she stood up and they fell down.  These undies kept her entertained for over 30 minutes.  It was hilarious!  She is such a silly girl – she keeps us laughing all the time!

And Tanner – what has he been up to you ask!  Well pretty much the same, school, homework (and fighting homework), he started swim lesson again and is doing SOOOOO well.  He can swim all the way across the pool now without stopping, but he does have to flip from doing the front crawl to the back stroke.  He is also learning how to do the breast stroke.  He is so cute – he looks like a frog!

IMG_1381 

Of course he is still OBSESSED with Legos and continues to dream of being a Lego Master Builder.  He is quite creative with what he builds with his thousands of Legos and literally spends hours upon hours building.  Don and Tanner spent almost a whole day cleaning and organizing the Lego room (yes he has taken over our guest room!)  we are trying to organize the Legos by separating them by colors now – our old system of separating them by type of Lego was just too difficult to manage.  We will see how this goes – we (actually that would be TANNER) is having the hardest time keeping his Legos organized in a way that he can find what he is looking for!  Tanner is also becoming quite the photographer and takes pictures of all of the Lego creations.  He even learned how to use the self timer on the camera so he can be in the pictures.  Here are a few of his pictures. . .

IMG_1425 IMG_1447 IMG_1449 IMG_1450 

I never know what I am going to find when I download my pictures these days if Tanner has gotten a hold of the camera.  It is quite entertaining and sometimes I find real gems like this picture that just makes my heart sing!

IMG_1457

Tanner set up the camera with the self timer and did this all by himself!  Of course Brynn was busy doing her favorite thing – eating!

Tanner has also talked us into staying up past his bedtime many times this last week to watch the Olympics.  He is so cute how he cheers for any American and waves his little American flag!  Of course he now wants a snowboard!

IMG_6757

IMG_1603

So that has been our life for the past week!  Grandparents and Aunt Shelby (I think you are my 5 faithful blog readers!) you have now gotten your grandchildren/niece and nephew fix for the day – Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Alright alright, I need to come visit!!