Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Visit With Santa, and more!

Yes, two posts in one day!  You know I have to make up for the last few months where I hardly blogged and I am in the second trimester of pregnancy where I have my energy back and I’m not too fat to do anything – yet!  And we had a busy day!  So after making his cute little wagon at Home Depot we went to a local nursery where Santa was visiting for a few hours.  We are actually planning on going to see Santa tomorrow at another store, but we went here last year, it’s not busy, the kids can really talk to Santa, it’s around the corner from our house, it’s free, they have cookies and hot chocolate and it’s a great place to take pictures – so we went! 

IMG_5604

Tanner had a nice chat with Santa.  He asked for the Lego Star Wars Gunship set and that’s all.  When Santa asked if he has been good he replied “most of the time” and then looked at me!   Oh did you notice that someone was missing?  Well Brynn got close enough to get the candy cane from the lady helping and then the rest of the time looked like this.

IMG_5607

Seriously I know she is mine and all so I’m a little biased, but is she not the cutest thing EVER!!!

Every time Don or I carried her close to Santa she would start saying “NO” and cling to us or run away.  She wouldn’t even stay close enough for a second so that I could get her in a picture anywhere close to Santa.  I wasn’t really surprised as she is very stranger shy and won’t even stay in the church nursery right now – it was really kind of funny!  Well, so much for the nice Santa picture with both kids in it this year, we also do not have a picture of Tanner with Santa at this age for the same reason! 

This was last year’s picture – I can’t believe how much Brynn and Tanner have grown in just one year!  Geez, I can’t believe I will have four children in the Santa picture next year. . . I think I might have to tip that Santa!

IMG_0437-2

Hey – Mrs. Claus was missing this year!  What’s up with that?? 

Well Brynn did have a good time checking out the fish pond at the nursery and the visiting Reindeer – this is Vixen in case you are wondering, we asked!

IMG_5611

It was soooo cold outside, we didn’t stay long.  After the nursery we had this crazy idea to go to the mall.  I don’t know what we were thinking!  But we went to a mall about 40 minutes away that has a Lego store and we have only been to twice before.  I think we were a little stir crazy from being inside so much this week with all the illness and cold weather.  Anyway, now I remember why we don’t shop at malls or with the dear children.  After visiting the Lego store Tanner wanted to go home and whined the whole time (he HATES shopping) and Brynn did not want to sit in her stroller so she cried.  Yep, we spent a whopping $6.00 dollars and went home!  The rest of the afternoon/evening we got out the Christmas decorations and starting decorating the tree.  We need to finish tomorrow, so complete decorating pictures to come.  But here’s a preview picture. . .  Enjoy!

IMG_5624

No comments: