We all slept in (at our house that means 7:00 am). So then I was running around crazy this morning to get out the door by 8:00 for swim lessons. Which means I wasn’t watching Brynn as closely as I should have and right now Brynn wants to do everything her big brother does, which includes flushing the toilet, which she tried to do but instead fell and hit her eye and got a nice purple bruise above her right eye to go with the big mosquito bite above her left eye and the unidentified bite in the middle of her forehead and let’s not forget about her eczema spot above her lip that has returned and her hair is totally out of control and needs to be trimmed. So, yeah, Brynn is looking like a big bruisey, bitey, dry skinned, crazy haired wild child right now. Lovely.
We make it out the door for swim lessons by 8:08.
Half way to swim lessons I realize that I have forgotten to bring Tanner and change of clothes – drat. Tanner you are going to have to wear your wet swimsuit home. Tanner gets mad at me. Dude – you are old enough to remember your own clothes! End of discussion.
Brynn is very fussy and demanding during swim lessons – very unusual for her. She is my easy child! Another little boy there comes and sits on my lap and Brynn totally gets mad that another baby is on her lap, pushes the little boy off and says some very mean baby talk to him (It sounds something like “Get your slimely little graham cracker hands off my mama – that’s MY lap!”) Woah – nap time!
Tanner jumps into the deep, deep end of the pool for the first time, comes up turns on his back and back floats all the way to the other side! Go Tanner! This is the last thing he needs to do to pass this level!
On the way home from swim lessons Tanner has to pee and is kicking his legs against his seat. Brynn starts kicking her legs. Tanner laughs. Tanner starts patting his legs with his hands. Brynn copies him. They both laugh. Tanner does some other stuff that I don’t see because, you know ,I’m driving and I just hear a lot of laughing from both of them and then Tanner says “Mom, Brynn is just so freakin’ cute I can’t stand it!” Not necessarily the word choice I would encourage, but yes Tanner you are correct!
Brynn takes a super, duper, almost 3 hour morning nap.
Tanner puts his two new birthday Webkinz stuffed animals on the computer (that would be Hedgie the Hedgehog and Shamu the Whale) and has a great time decorating two new rooms and buys another backyard and two pools. Quote from Tanner, “This is 100% so much fun!”
I work on assembling Tanner’s birthday thank you notes, read some blogs and my new photo shop assignment - the internet goes down. Stupid Comcast!
Brynn wakes up. I make 20 breakfast burritos to have on hand and feed Tanner and Brynn scrambled eggs and hash browns left over from the burritos for lunch.
We go to play outside and it gets really windy. Tanner wants to go back inside – he’s a little scared of wind after the recent tornado activity we had this spring. Brynn wanted to look for more bugs. It starts to rain. We go inside. Brynn cries.
We play downstairs. Tanner wants to make a big Lego ship and submit a picture of it to the Lego magazine. We have to find all his Lego magazines for ideas. He starts building. I put Brynn down for afternoon nap.
Tanner builds, I download pictures and blog (see below!) Still behind on Tanner’s birthday blogs, oh well.
Brynn wakes up. Snacks. Tanner shows off his great new Lego creation. I take pictures and keep Brynn away from Tanner’s Legos – this is no small feat! Tanner’s new ship is quite impressive. He goes off to add some more to it. I attempt to do dishes and clean – Ha! Brynn is clingy and I can’t do anything! Change a poopy diaper – I forgot to mention the two other poopy diapers I changed earlier. 3 in one day?? What’s up with that?
4:30 – the witching hour has begun. Brynn is cranky and whiney. Tanner is cranky and whiney. Time for TV!!! Tanner watches Star Wars, Brynn eats strawberries. I make grilled cheese for dinner (aren’t I a great mom!) I serve it with strawberries, spinach and milk – is that better?
Don gets home (late again, I might add!) off we run to pick up a book from the library that’s on hold for me and then to the park for our church’s family night. It is carnival night. I run the mix up cup game. Don, Tanner and Brynn go play. They have a huge blow up slide. Tanner is in heaven and goes down it again and again. It’s humid, the mosquitoes are out, Brynn is not happy. We leave a bit early.
Bedtime. Snuggling with Tanner in bed and he says
“Mommy I want to marry you.”
Me “But I’m married to daddy”
Tanner “I will marry you and then daddy can marry Brynn”
Me “I love you Tanner!”
Good night!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment