I am just loving having the internet in the hotel rooms! So Day 2 of the trip turned out to be a pretty good day also! While we looking on the internet for places to stay in Moab I saw that we were going to drive right by Colorado National Monument – another National Park – and you know our hobby is to visit as many national parks as possible so guess where we headed today! This is what I LOVE about road trips with no set agenda – you can just go wherever you want. We did get a little lost (even with Google Maps on the Blackberry) and had to do the stop at the gas station and ask for directions thing. Which thank goodness we did otherwise we would have driven way out of our way but we did eventually find
And got the family picture in front of the national park sign. I have a whole scrapbook dedicated to just the pictures of the group shot in front of these signs so I can see how which national parks we have been to, I know I need to get a life! Anyway Colorado National Monument was a beautiful place to visit. I had seen this on the map before and always thought it was just some statue – you know monument/statue, but no it is a nice 23 mile drive along a beautiful canyon.
Unfortunately, it was a very windy day so our picnic we had planned ended up being a car picnic – hey we’re flexible!
But the highlight of the day was Tanner got his very first Junior Ranger National Park Badge! He had to work for his badge by completing assignments like finding and drawing plants, learning the rules of the park and going on a hike. And if you ask him he now knows what erosion is and can identify a Yucca plant.
Ahhhh a proud moment! Tanner thinks the badge is so cool because you know it goes along with police, firefighters, military. . . his favorite things!
After leaving the park and driving across the state line into Utah and then through the middle of NO WHERE we made it to Moab and everyone (except for me because I’m blogging!) went to bed early so we can get to up and get going early. Hopefully the wind will go away because it’s not a lot of fun to hike in the wind, but Don did have a great time dodging tumbleweeds driving here. Tomorrow – Arches National Park!
Our mighty travelers!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
2 comments:
Ahhhh...National Parks! Love it! We are going to have to devote a road trip just to hitting as many national parks as possible when we get back to Colorado. Tanner looks so proud of his Ranger badge! Keegan would love that! Is that Tanner on the BACKSIDE of the safety rail with a seemingly huge canyon in the background? Just curious. I can't believe how big Brynn is getting! She looked super cute in her swimming suit yesterday by the way. Keegan is a MAJOR lego freak right now too. He is also big time into Star Wars. Where did you find the Lego outlet? Keegan says "HI" to Tanner! Keegan also says "Dude, that is so cool!" (Referring to the Ranger badge) Have a good rest of your trip!
Oh we are supposed to be IN FRONT of the safety rails?? Really there was several feet of rock behind my child before he would have fallen off the cliff and this was nothing compared to what we experienced at Arches. . . Tanner says HI to Keegan also! I'm going to check your blog, I expect many posts!!
Post a Comment