Day one of our trip was a big hit for Tanner, I hope the rest of the trip can live up to the first day. The best part of the day was our first stop – at a mall!
Yes we found a Lego Outlet store that was in a mall right off the highway we had to travel on, so of course we stopped for Tanner our new Lego fanatic and of course we had to buy him a Lego set (hello – we are on vacation!) He is now the proud owner of a Police Pontoon Plane (you know Tanner and anything having to do with police, firefighters, planes or trains).
He picked this over a Star Wars set, I was surprised because Star Wars is his new thing. It was very difficult for him to have to wait until we got to our hotel to start building it. We decided to stop the first night in Glenwood Springs and stayed at a nice hotel with a fun indoor water park, another hit for Tanner (and Brynn enjoyed it too!) Brynn looked so cute in her new swimsuit. She loved “walking” in the pool and patting the water. The water was a a little bit on the cold side for Don and I (okay I thought it was freezing!) , but it didn’t seem to bother the kids – are we just getting old?
Yes – that is our Tanner going down the slide all by himself! There was no lifeguard so nobody noticed that he was about 6 inches too short to go on the slide. I know, we are terrible parents to let him break the rules, but hey what’s a short kid to do? Tanner had a BLAST! He seriously went down this slide about 30 times – even head first! This boy is getting brave!
By the time we were finished swimming it was bedtime and we hadn’t even eaten dinner! Thank goodness for Chili’s To Go (eaten in the hotel room) and off to bed! I don’t know if rocks, arches, and hiking can beat out today’s fun, we’ll see. That’s a wrap for day 1!!!
Like I said, I’m getting old and someday I may want to remember where we stayed. AmericInn – Glenwood Springs. Great pool and breakfast, nice clean rooms. $130.00 a night. Right next to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park which looks like tons of fun, but it is off season so not all the rides and stuff are going and might be better when Tanner is a bit older – maybe next time!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
1 comment:
Aren't water parks awesome! We had a blast at ours. Keegan rode the big slide too and Lauren rode the little slide about a million times. Addison even dipped her toes in. Brent and I thought the water was freezing too, so maybe old is a factor! :) Looks like fun! Of course it was freezing in Montana, so we didn't make Montana Zoo...oh well next time! I am going to do some major blogging today (snow day!) so check it out later! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment