Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two Months Old!

IMG_5899

Brynn is two months old! I recently saw a baby shirt that said, "Eat, Sleep, Poop, Repeat!" And that pretty much describes Brynn. She is an amazingly good baby, now she does have her cranky moments, but overall is pretty easy. I'll take that because Tanner is still way too much work then a 4 year old should be! We had Brynn's two month check up and she now weighs 11 pounds and 2.5 ounces which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and she is 23 1/2 inches long which puts her in the 75th percentile for height. I don't remember her head measurement right now, but she was only in the 25th percentile. I didn't realize she had a tiny head! She had to get her first 4 immunization shots which made her mighty cranky (which I'm not used to), but we survived.

Here is what Brynn has been up to:

She is moving her arms and legs a lot more and just kicks, kicks, kicks. Tanner likes to sit by her and then pretend that she is kicking him. She moves around so much at night that we moved her out of our bed and to the pack and play to sleep.

She is smiling a lot and makes the cutest little cooing and gooing sounds. We love to listen when she "talks" in her bed or swing. Don is trying to get her to say Da-Da. She will also "talk" and smile back at us when we talk and smile at her. It's a great conversation!

Still loves the swing and bouncy chair and that is pretty much where she takes all her naps.

IMG_5926 IMG_5931

She always tucks her thumb between her index and middle finger on both hands. It is so cute! This is sign language for the letter T so we keep telling Tanner that she is doing it for him! This is also the sign for toilet or "I need to go to the bathroom" when you shake your fist. Wow, what a gifted child! Maybe Brynn will be potty-trained by 3 months!

Brynn's eyes are turning a little more blue and her hair is getting lighter. She still has a lot of hair and she still has hair on her ears and tops of her arms, poor girl! We are waiting for that to go away like everyone keeps telling us it will!

We decided Brynn has been more places in her short 8 weeks of life then Tanner went in his first 6 months! She has been to soccer practice and games, swimming lessons, school carnival, work with mom, library, many parks and many restaurants and stores, the aquarium and museum just to name a few. She will either be very well adjusted or traumatized for the rest of her life! I love the car seat that you can just carry around and not have to take her in and out of, but man that thing is so cumbersome and a pain to carry, especially when I have to herd Tanner also!

She is going to be a be-be baby like Tanner. As soon as she gets a pacifier she settles down and falls right to sleep.

IMG_5934

That's our baby Brynn!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hello Friend! I just got your beautiful baby announcement a few days ago and I'm so excited that you are blogging! I'll be visiting often. It's nice to be in touch with you again and I'm hoping we can meet up with y'all when we're out in CO for a family reunion. Yup! All us Stouts are gonna be there. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, your baby girl is gorgeous and I think she looks a lot like you. And your Tanner is amazing. I thought Denver was good on his bike. And then I saw your videos of Tanner and I don't feel so special now. Holy Crow--that kid is good on two wheels!