Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gotta Love a Good Snowstorm!

Especially when you get a snow day!  Yes, a snow day!  Probably a student’s and a teacher’s favorite two words.  All Thursday we heard that a big storm was brewing, but I have lived in Colorado long enough (all my life in fact!)  that you can never really believe the forecast and I was a bit skeptical when the sky was nice and blue and it was not even that cold out.  Well in true Colorado fashion the temperatures dropped about 30 degrees in just a couple of hours and the snow starting falling.  At about 9:30 pm I got the call,  no school tomorrow!  At that time this is what it looked like outside.

IMG_9121

Seriously???  Now in many other places this amount of snow would shut down the whole state, but in Colorado this is nothing!   But I wasn’t going to complain about a day off of work! 

Well the next morning we woke up to this.

IMG_9122

IMG_9144

We have had much worse, but the snow was still falling and would fall all day.  We got about 13 inches total when it was done.  But what made this the perfect snowstorm is that it was not freezing cold outside and the snow was nice and wet, the perfect snow to play in.  And play we did, well after shoveling!

IMG_7613

Love that Tanner can help shovel AND he still thinks it is fun!!!!

IMG_9146

I have to dress him all in red so he is easy to find.  Avery did not like how deep the snow was and that she could barely walk in it! 

IMG_9161

Carter’s favorite thing to do – eat the snow!

IMG_7632

IMG_7636

Snow angels!!!

IMG_7638

Love this picture!!!!  And love it when they play nicely together!

And of course there was sledding!

IMG_7620IMG_7621

IMG_9169

IMG_9168

The kids were pretty tired walking back home and were soaking wet!  This was some seriously wet snow!!!  Yes, I know no pictures of Avery – I am such a bad mom!  Avery napped through this sledding trip and then Don didn’t take the camera the other time he went out!  Sorry Avery!!!

IMG_9175

And the snow gear!  Do you know how much work it is to get a 1, 2, and 3 year old into all their snow gear!  I was exhausted!  Another thing I didn’t think about before I had 4 kids and 3 of them within 24 months!  Ahhh, the memories I will have!  And until the next snow storm (which I heard could be coming later this week!)

No comments: