Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Monday

And this is why I get nothing done on Mondays, my day off.  So it is freezing cold out today (like below zero!)  and I convinced Don he should drive Tanner to school (and pick him up!) so I didn’t have to subject the wee little ones to the freezing cold.  That means I had the whole day home to get the house cleaned up, catch up on the laundry,  you know fun domestic stuff like that.  Well after breakfast, which left a big mess in the kitchen of course, I pulled out toys in Carter’s room for the 3 wee ones to play with and left them happily playing.  I went to put a load of laundry in and it was suspiciously quiet.  Brynn and Avery had went into their room and shut the door – never a good sign.  I opened the door to find this.

IMG_5009

Seriously there is no hope of me ever getting anything done, while I clean up one mess, they just make another.  And in case you are wondering that is 3 drawers of clothes on the floor and the stuffed animal bin.  Thank goodness Carter can’t crawl  (yet!) and was playing happily with his current favorite toy!  I would hate to see the destruction 3 kids can do!

IMG_5012

What am I going to do when he can move around also?  Well the good news is that they did entertain themselves playing in the purple bin for a good half an hour while I was able to work on the laundry.  They then returned to Carter’s room and managed to destroy his room while I attempted to clean the kitchen.  I give up!  Of course my babysitter (aka super nanny or Mary Poppins) who watches my three and another two year old (that would be 2 two year olds, a 16 month old and a 9 month old.)  manages to keep my house spotless, keep 4 kids happily entertained and bake cookies all in one day!!!  Don loves to point this out to me, to which I reply that is why I work and we pay her!!!  Seriously, I don’t know how she does it!

IMG_5004

Aren’t these two adorable!  I love to see them play together, even if they do make a huge mess!

IMG_5018

So Brynn might have a future in teaching, she was somewhat patiently trying to teach Avery how to whack the ball and then Carter would reach out and grab a ball and that would make Brynn really mad.  At one point she told me to take Carter away because he wasn’t playing right.  It was pretty funny to see the three of them interact.

Another thing from today that I want to remember:

Brynn is so into Diego right now.  She could care a less about Dora, but Diego is the best.   She always asks to watch her “Go Diego Go,” movie.  Anyway we have a blue slide in the basement and she was acting out that the slide was a waterfall and she had to save baby jaguar (Tanner’s stuffed Tiger) from the waterfall like Diego does on her DVD.  And then she got the doctor supplies and played like baby jaguar was at the animal rescue center.  I love that she is the starting to do pretend play, it is so cute. 

 IMG_5025IMG_5024

No comments: