A few of my favorite Christmas Decorations!
I started hanging these ornaments a couple of years ago over the fireplace and above the half wall between my living room and kitchen and they are still one of my favorite decorations. Due to my big belly and not thinking it was so wise to stand on a chair – Don hung them this year and was not in a patient mood so they are not as nicely centered as previous years. But I should be thankful that I have a helpful husband that is usually patient – right???
I usually have a couple of big baskets on the floor with large cinnamon smelling pinecones and large ornaments nestled in them but breakable ornaments + tile floor + Brynn = not a good idea this year! So this basket resides on my half wall and out of Brynn’s reach!
My kitchen table centerpiece. Totally stole the idea from somewhere and totally love it! Got the ornaments for way cheap at an after Christmas sale last year and the big vase at Pier One Imports and I already had the candle. This is actually the unity candle we burned at our wedding!!! I figured it had collected enough dust and needed it be out in use! It had some flowers and pearls glued to it that I peeled off and now every time we sit down to dinner our wedding candle greets us – AHHHHH! I don’t burn it that much so I’m sure this candle will be in use for many a Christmas.
Don’s mom gave me this cute reindeer a few years ago and what a happy surprise when I saw a little note written on it a few days ago. It’s these little surprises that just make being a mom the BEST! Tanner is a very phonetic speller – can you tell?
And my big addition for this year – new stockings! I totally fell in love with these monogrammed stockings and had to have them! I like the traditional red and white with the unique touch of the letter. Now I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but I was really stressed that our two new babies would not have matching stockings and I know that I will never be able to find these stockings again so yes, I really did do this, I bought 7 more stockings with different letters on them. So now we are just going to have to name our baby boy and baby girl with a name starting with one of these 7 letters! I know we could just decide on names right now, but Don and I don’t work that way! And no, I’m not sure what I will do with the extra stockings but NO we are NOT planning on having 7 more kids!!! And yes the money I paid out for the stockings was worth me not having to stress about this any longer!
And that is some of my favorite Christmas decorations! I do love to decorate for Christmas – I just need to start decorating earlier!!!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment