Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrating the 4th!

2009-06-24 0011

We didn’t do anything too exciting for the 4th.  Tanner had his first sleepover at a friend’s house the night before and he did very well with only a couple tears at bedtime!  I was a little worried, because you know, Tanner is a momma’s boy – he even gets teary eyed spending the night at the grandparent’s house.  So we picked him up and then went to our hometown parade.  There is nothing like a small town parade on the 4th of July!  We headed home soon after with our cranky kids and we all took a nap – yes the whole family!!  That hasn’t happened for a long time,  well for me anyway!  And then it rained on the 4th!  Can you believe it?  Just a short rainstorm so we still had our barbeque, chatted with the neighbors and then I made Tanner’s day by giving him some snappers I had bought a few days ago (you know those things that you throw on the ground and they go bang!) Yes, a dollar box of snappers, that is all you need to make a happy Tanner.  You see I don’t really believe in spending money on fireworks and I’m a little leery of one blowing up on us and someone losing an eye or finger so we have never bought any fireworks for Tanner – poor kid.  Just joking -really he is fine AND with all eyes and fingers intact.  So anyway Tanner snapped away (because I felt the snappers were pretty safe – nothing to ignite) and then we headed to the firework show.  I do have to say that our little town does a mighty good job with the fireworks show and we only have to go five minutes down the road!   Brynn was soooooo cute at the fireworks.  She would point to the sky and say “Da?”  every time one went off.  She was not frightened a bit by the noise and seemed to thoroughly enjoy the show.  So a low key, but fun, fourth of July for the McIntosh clan! 

1 comment:

Shelby said...

well that beats our 4th of july! whisper spent the entire day hiding behind alex's hamper in the closet and alex and i watched dozens of amazing displays from the balcony!