Saturday, April 25, 2009

I’m A Real Soccer Mom Now!

IMG_2006

Yes we are now the proud owners of a brand spanking new 2009 Honda Odyssey!  I swore I would never drive a mini-van, but what was I thinking!  Once you get past the fact that you are in fact driving a MINI-VAN,  it is soooooooo awesome!  Oh the room, the cup holders, the extra seating, the sliding doors, did I mention all the room???  We are loving it, even Don!  And again, I swore I would never buy a car with a DVD system because you know good parents talk to their kids in the car and what is a family vacation without the good ol’ license plate game.  Well after a few car trips of children strapped in their car seats and trying to balance the laptop on stacked up pillows so Tanner can watch a movie, we got the “rear entertainment system” or as Tanner calls it, the car movie theater.

IMG_2216

Yep we love the movie theater too!  Went out last night, got ice cream, parked in the parking lot and watched a movie.  Don’t you tell us we don’t know how to have a good time!  And yes, Don’s whole behind fits in that seat and between two car seats and yes that is a whole row of empty seats behind him.  I changed Brynn’s diaper in the van (yes we broke the van in very quickly, eating ice cream and changing a diaper in it within 72 hours of ownership) and was able to walk from the driver seat to the back,  change the diaper on a whole seat (not with poor Brynn’s head squished up beside a cup holder) , put Brynn back into her car seat and just step right back into the driver seat all WITHOUT OPENING A SINGLE CAR DOOR!  Really this is exciting stuff people!

Can’t wait for that next soccer game, all those other soccer moms are going to be jealous!

PS – Yeah, so the problem with new cars is when you go to look for your car in the store parking lot and you forgot that you now own a new car and are looking for your old car and you walk around like an idiot trying to find your old car and you walk by your new car (a couple times, in the rain no less) swearing that you actually did park in this isle and for a brief moment think “holy crap did my car get stolen?” before you pull out your keys to hit the panic alarm as a last ditch effort to find your car when you look at your keys and realize “oh yeah I bought a new car and I’m standing right next to it”  Nope this has never happened to me – what about you?

1 comment:

Shelby said...

BAhahahahaha!!! I'm only laughing because I actually just did that today (and I've had my new car for over a month...um...)