Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Ice Cream Run of the Year

And they said it was going to be cold this weekend – big liars!  It turned out to be a rather nice weekend, especially today.  We ran a few errands and then the way home did one of our favorite family activities – drive around neighborhoods until we find a new fun park and GO PLAY!  This is the park we found today!

 

Picture 129 Picture 149

The park was an instant hit for Tanner because it had a car and a firefighter’s pole.

 

Picture 152 Picture 151

Brynn was happy because the park had swings and she also enjoyed this bouncy thing (And no we did not leave Brynn alone on the bouncy thing. Don is hiding behind Tanner holding Brynn,  Can you see him? We are pretty tricky!)

But what made this park VERY cool was this!

Picture 166 Picture 156

And the best part is that we stopped for ice cream on the way home.  Yes, the first ice cream run of 2009. 

Picture 170

Sorry Brynn that you slept through the ice cream, but don’t worry there will be many more in the coming months (and no offense Brynn but you don’t need ice cream anyway!  I bought her this adorable little short set this morning and had to buy 18 MONTH shorts to get her cute little thunder thighs in them!!!)

Here is too many more park hunts (and ice cream runs) this year!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

That IS a cool park, I wanna play on it! Tell Tanner that next year he gets to come to Lockheed and participate in Young Mind at Work! (it's at the end of April each year) Lots of fun stuff to see and do...I tried to get him in this year but they have to be at least 6:(

Kristie said...

OK that Cinderella song is going to make me cry. I cannot blog about my last baby and listen to that song over and over. (And yes, your playlist is what I listen to when I am working on the computer, it is quite good...I still need help from the geek squad to get mine on my blog.) Oh and that is a cool park. Plus I like your sweater Missy, very fash. Is it from your Valentines day shopping extravaganza?

Kristie said...

Hey Shelby! Keegan's six, can he go? Oh wait, we live in the northeast corner of Wyoming and it would take an entire day to drive there. Darn. Can I go? Wait, same problem. Ugh.

Shelby said...

Well you just need to come down here for a few days!! I think you would have as much fun as Keegan :)

The McIntosh Family said...

You know you two could just pick up a phone and call each other! Ha, Ha! I will have to add some new songs to my playlist - I get all my songs from other blogs I visit (and then of course I give the song title to Don and he takes it from there!) Don is pretty handy to have around!