So one of my new year’s resolutions was to keep my house clean enough so that if the neighbor or someone stopped by unexpectedly I wouldn’t be embarrassed to let them see my house – yeah, so I’m failing miserably, but let me explain. You see today I was home a little after 1:00 with both kids. I knew that I had a good three hours before the kids got cranky and needed my full attention to CLEAN my kitchen (yes, it was that messy that I needed a couple of HOURS). Brynn was down for her nap and will usually sleep a good two hours and Tanner was entertaining himself with his toys. Well I was about half an hour into cleaning and just getting into it when Tanner asked if he could ride his bike. It was a beautiful day (mid 60’s) and supposed to get much colder the next few days and hello my child asked to ride his bike, not to watch TV, so of course I said yes and out he went. I was elbow deep cleaning the fridge out of stuff I couldn’t even identify anymore when Tanner came in and informed me that his bike tire was flat. Okay, brief interruption, just a few minutes to pump up the tire. YEAH RIGHT!! After a few token words (not said out loud in the presence of my innocent child of course) a nice gash on my finger, grease all over my hands and yes even a desperate phone call for help to my husband at work I got the flippin’ tire pumped up THIRTY minutes later. Nothing makes me more mad than when a simple task turns into a huge ordeal that eats up my precious time and did I mention that Brynn woke up when Tanner went running into the house, accidently slamming the door to get me a tissue for my finger that was gushing blood?? Of course Brynn woke up grumpy from her short nap and wanted to be held. I figured while I was outside holding Brynn until she was calmed down I could water the trees and bushes since we haven’t had much precipitation this winter, really it would only take a few minutes. Out came the hose, hose hooked up, watering the trees. Hum, while I was watering I should take some pictures of Tanner riding his bike. Out comes the camera, Tanner shows off his fancy riding. Watering done (I actually did finish a task!), okay everyone inside there’s a kitchen to clean - - and the neighbors come by, “Want to go to the park with us?” What kind of a mom says, “No sorry, my kitchen is so messy that I have to go clean it on this gorgeous afternoon!” and I have been wanting to get some pictures of Brynn swinging and I already had the camera out. “Sure, we’ll go – but just for a little bit!” Over an HOUR later we return from the park and the witching hour (actually hours in our house) has begun. The kids are tired, cranky and want to be fed NOW, dinner time, homework time, bath time, story time, bed time and my kitchen is actually messier than when I started to clean it 6 hours ago.
And that is why my kitchen is always messy!
PS – I could be cleaning my kitchen NOW, but it is much more fun to blog about it instead!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
2 comments:
At least it isn't your whole house that is dirty as it is at my house! But, as you probably saw on my blog not worrying about it is one of my resolutions this year. (Plus I don't really have neighbors...big plus there in the clean house department!)
Well hey, you got some danged cute pictures...so what if your kitchen isn't model-house perfect? That's just unnatural anyway!
Post a Comment