Thursday, January 29, 2009

100 Days Smarter!

Today was the 100th day of school.  Tanner has now been in kindergarten for 100 days and his teacher hasn’t quit yet!   At school they celebrated this milestone by doing a lot of counting.  He can now count to 100 by  1’s, 5’s and 10’s.  Seriously, I don’t remember learning all this in kindergarten.  He also made a 100’s day hat and a Fruit Loop necklace out of, you guessed it – 100 Fruit Loops.  Tanner was wearing the hat and necklace when I picked him up from school and driving home I thought about how I would take a picture of him wearing his hat a necklace for the scrapbook, but when he hopped out of the car, the Fruit Loops were gone!  Tanner thought they made a better snack than a necklace, so this is all I got in my picture!

IMG_1399

And boy can this boy read.  Watching Tanner learn to read has got to be one of my greatest joys of being a mom so far.  Maybe it is because I am such an avid reader, but  I just love to see him pick up a book and read to himself and chuckle at something he read that was funny.  The other day he was reading out loud and Don and I heard Tanner say “The pee-aw-ple . . .”    “Do you mean people?”   we asked.  “Oh yeah, people” said Tanner with a laugh and kept reading.  So now whenever we read the word people we say pee-aw-ple.  Okay so that was a had to be there moment.  Really it was much funnier than it sounds!

No comments: