Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Making of the Gingerbread House

IMG_0483-2 This just might be my favorite Christmas tradition!  Decorating a gingerbread house while listening to John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD.  We totally cheat and buy the premade gingerbread house kit.  I tried making our own gingerbread three years ago and let’s just say it is very difficult to get the house pieces all the same size so that they fit together, it made for a very crooked and frustrating house assembly!  The kit is worth every penny!

So Tanner was quite the creative decorator this year!  He did almost all of the decorating himself and got quite good with the icing bag.  We worked on this masterpiece for 4 hours (with a short dinner break and icing drying time).  We had sooooo much fun.   I think we need to buy a house for each of us next year,  it was hard for 3 of us to crowd around one tiny house!   So here it is!  Award winning I think!

IMG_0521-2

My favorite parts:

IMG_0515-2
The snowman and trees!  Totally Tanner’s idea, I just helped with cutting the gumdrops and assembly!
IMG_0518-2

Can you guess what this is?  Yeah, I was thinking snake also and was like “Tanner, what’s up with the snake sneaking out of the house?”  “Mom, it’s not a snake, it’s a garden hose (with nozzle at front!)  Hee! Hee!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Your kids are way too creative! Must take after their Cool Aunt Shelby! *grin*