Sunday, September 28, 2008

Call The Fire Department!

So this morning Tanner went to use the bathroom in our master bath and a few minutes later we heard this hysterical screaming. I was sure that Tanner was going to be gushing blood or something when we got there, but no Tanner had just managed to lock himself in the bathroom. We tried to calm Tanner down and get him to turn the lock, but he was just hysterical and yelled . . .
"Call the fire department."
Yes he was serious. Don and I busted up laughing, it was honestly the funniest thing I had ever heard. Really you had to be there. Don and I managed to compose ourselves enough to tell him that Don was going to get a tool to unlock the door when Tanner yelled.
"Tell him to bring a hammer or an ax, one that can break wood!"
I have seriously never laughed so hard in my life. It was so funny what Tanner was saying. I have no idea why he was so scared, it is a small room but the light was on. Anyway we did get Tanner out. When Don opened the door Tanner was standing on the edge of the toilet (with the seat up) and just screaming his head off, thankfully he did not fall in the toilet.
We got Tanner calmed down, Don taught him how to unlock the door and hopefully Tanner will not need therapy because of this experience. He also may never again shut the door when he goes to the bathroom.
Someday Tanner you will read this and laugh with us, really, you will!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Oh my gosh I very nearly peed my pants (having just had a baby that is not saying much, but still...) I wish I could have witnessed that! Definitely have to use this at HS graduation party! :)