The garden is planted, the nightly walks have started and yesterday was my last day at school so summer has officially begun at the McIntosh house. For our first full day of summer vacation we sent dad off to work and then spent a large part of the day in our PJ's being lazy. I did manage to pull a few weeds while Tanner played in the backyard and Brynn napped and then I made a real dinner! Yes, I actually cooked and tried out a new recipe. We had leftover salmon that I couldn't let go to waste so I hopped on the Internet found a recipe for salmon cakes, and fried some up. They were actually pretty good, although usually anything that is fried is good, but then fried food is not good for you. Go figure! I am hoping the healthy aspects of the salmon outweigh the unhealthy fried part. So back to summer vacation, with an infant in the house we will be having a pretty low key summer, no major traveling plans for us. And for the first time in 11 years I am not teaching summer school or taking any classes for all of June and July. What are we going to do for two whole months?? I'm sure we will stay busy somehow! Stay tuned for how we spent the summer of 2008.
Here is our salsa garden. We pretty much grow tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno peppers to make homemade salsa. Yum, Yum! This year we again added a zucchini, yellow squash plant and Tanner's favorite, giant sunflowers!
Our summer walks this year are
going to be more of a walk n' ride. Tanner and dad ride their bikes, Brynn rides in the stroller and I walk. I'm also not going to have any problem dropping those last few baby pounds. This is no leisurely walk, I am breaking a sweat keeping up with the bike riders and pushing the stroller.
Tanner's newest trick on his bike is to skid to a stop and then see how long his skid mark is. We are going through a lot more band-aids these days with the bike tumbles and Tanner has his first scar on his elbow from a fall off his bike. Oh well boys will be boys, and he now has a permanent memory of when he learned to ride a bike!
Email the McIntosh's Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment